HomeLearning TechniquesIntelligenceYour Intelligences
Your ten intelligences can be divided into three major categories; your Creative and Emotional Intelligences; your Bodily Intelligences; and your Traditional IQ Intelligences.
Book Extract - Head First by Tony Buzan
Creative and Emotional Intelligences
- Create Yourself - Creative Intelligences. Creativity was once thought to be a 'magic gift' possessed
by only the few. We now know that it is a magic gift - possessed by everyone. Unleashing the power of
your Creative Intelligence is simply a matter of understanding how to do this.
- You and You - Personal Intelligence - Your 'Satisfaction-With-Yourself' IQ. It is possible to rank
very highly in certain intelligences, but still to be unhappy within yourself. By exploring the nature
of Personal Intelligence, we can show you how your brain becomes it's own best friend.
- You and Them - Social Intelligences - Your 'Communication' IQ. Social Intelligence refers to your
ability to use all your other intelligences to relate in a positive way to those most complex of
creatures - other human beings!
- Heaven Knows! - Spiritual Intelligence is concerned with being part of the 'bigger picture'.
Spiritually intelligent people are motivated by personal values that involve reaching beyond their
own interests to those of the community at large.
The Bodily Intelligences
- Body Talk - Physical Intelligence. In light of new research on the brain/body connection, the 'all
brawn no brain' syndrome is being transformed into 'a healthy body equals a healthy mind'.
- Making sense of Your Senses - Sensual Intelligence. It was once thought that your five senses
were static and unchanging receptors of information from the world around you. State-of-the-art
science now shows us that each sense is a fabulously dynamic, sophisticated and adaptable system.
Each one can be developed to your advantage.
- Intelligent Sex - Sexual Intelligence. It was a combination and manifestation of all your other
Intelligences. It is not, as has been commonly supposed, a genital-led lust; it is a great driving
energy which marshals all your intellectual and physical resources to ensure your survival, your
family's survival and, not to mention, the survival of the human race.
The Traditional IQ Intelligences
- Count on Yourself - Numerical Intelligence. This intelligence involves your knowledge of the
alphabet of numbers. Once you know how, it is a surprisingly easy alphabet to learn.
- Mind The Gap - Spatial Intelligence is your ability to see the relationships of shapes to each other,
and to see the relationship of things in space. This intelligence also includes the ability of your
body to negotiate successfully the environment and the world around you.
- The Power of Words - Verbal Intelligence. This intelligence forms a major part of standard IQ
testing, and consists of your vocabulary and your ability to see relationships between words and
their concepts. It is vital to general levels of success in life and can be easily improved.
our e-store for some creative ideas now
Pens & Pads /
CD & DVD /